Sunday, April 30, 2006

Who'd a thunk?

I confess, today I was missing Dobuy.

Wandering down the fabulous Kings Road with a hint of sunlight and a slight nip in the air, I longed to sit on the wall near my favourite spot whilst i sipped my 10 dirham (1.50 pound) freshly squeezed mango juice watching the sunset.

As means of supplementing this, I wandered down to the trocadero near Picadilly Circus, into a shisha cafe and merrily puffed away whilst reminiscing. The music was good, the shisha was good and so was the coffee. But there was no sunset or sweltering heat. So, I strolled along the Embankment, breathing in crisp fresh air (something which never existed in Dobuy), taking in the glorious skyline of London and thought to myself "there's no place like home" and everything will be fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Aaah. How lovely! It's weird the way you get the little pangs about missing somewhere you thought you were uber keen to get out of. I love Dublin but it bored me to tears by the time I left yet sometimes I'm stuck by a weird feeling of missing it. The skyline always does it for me too. Must catch up soon x

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home