Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Rubber neckers r us

Accidents are a regular occurrence here, so you'd think the people on the road would be a little more blasé...but no, they stop and stare at someone changing their tire or even asking for directions. End result being miles of slow moving traffic until everyone slows down, takes a good look (rubber necking) then plods along their merry way.

Well I guess there's not really much to do or see past all the shiny buildings, construction work, and men grabbing their crotches in public, so road accidents gives people something to look at. I’ve found that people tend talk about accidents the way one tends to talk about the weather back home.

On some occasions, I find myself refusing to look at the scene just to make a point, then realising I wasn't making a point to anyone resulting in my attempt as null and void. A point becomes a point when it is acknowledged by someone - or does it? Surely one doesn’t need the acknowledgment from someone to make a point. It’s like the proverbial tree falling in a forest if no one is around, does it make a sound?. I think I’ve lost my original point..


What’s the point?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home