Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Safe and sound

It's easy to mistakenly believe that you are safer in this city because you are told this and you rarely read reports of crime, rape or murder in the newspapers... i wonder why?!

Well, you can leave your bag lying on the floor in a club with only 20% chances of it being stolen as opposed to say 80% in the UK. Also, i like the fact that i can start my car and leave it running for 5 minutes whilst the AC cools down the car and i am sat in the office. It's quite rare that someone would jump in the car and drive away. Additionally, it's highly unlikely that someone will attempt to take your phone out of your hand and run off with it - it's far too hot to run anywhere!

Even when the grapevine is working over time, you rarely hear any murder incidents. However, the amount of deaths on the road is more than enough to compensate for that! I know 5 people who have died in road accidents over 3 years - that's quite a high ratio! So each time you get in your car, you risk the fact that you might not return in one piece if at all, due to the wreckless and selfish driving on the roads.

This morning I had a credit card company call me up trying to sell me insurance. Her attempt to seal the deal was:

"do you drive"
me "yes"
her "well every day your life is in danger, so you need to make sure you are insured so your family do not go without if you die"
me "thanks love, i will make sure i wear my seatbelt"

But the scary fact is...she has a point.

Moving on, in the UK, i really don't think you would ever need to worry about the fact that your boss' friend keeps wanting to show you his p*nis and doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the word "NO". Neither would you worry about him constantly asking you to come over to his "whenever you feel like a f*ck". I hardly know this guy and have not had more than a two conversations with him - about his job! So it's not like i have led him to believe that it is Ok for him to insist or talk to me in this manner;

"please have a look at my p*nis, i want you to see how beautiful it is and judge it".

I don't know for sure, but 2 days ago i think he actually pulled it out whilst he was standing next to my boss. My eyes were firmly fixed on my laptop at the time, so i couldnt say for sure.

As he is my boss' friend and my boss encourages him, i do not want any awkwardness so i simply say no in a jokey way. However this does not seem to deter him. It's begining to make me incredibly uncomfortable and i know, if I react in an angry manner, these guys will be like;

"ah she can't take a joke, we're only joking".

I can't very well threaten to show my boobies or nether regions - they'd love it...

Times like this makes me wonder why God invented men. They are pieces of shit and all of their d!cks should fall off. When that happens, the world will definitely become a safer place to live in, as it is men's p*nis' which are the root cause off all the problems in this world!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like someone just got dumped.

2:42 PM  
Blogger ReginaFilangee said...

lol! for the past week i've had this weirdo threatening to pull his d!ck out in front of my face... has nothing to do with being dumped. But that's a viable assumption to make. My point was, this is not something i would have to deal with in a civilised society.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jassim said...

I cannot believe this. 100% Haram. Men do not make jokes with penis like this. Well not with women at least ;) It is disgusting and you have to tell someone. Or use your camera phone the next time he takes it out.

11:56 PM  
Blogger ReginaFilangee said...

i know, it is s*xual harassment - lebanese men are weird tho!

1:14 AM  
Blogger ReginaFilangee said...

LOL! thanks G but i really don;t wanna see it. besides, the others in the office have already seen it!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home