Sunday, October 23, 2005

No lemon in my tea

As I rush around battling with bureaucracy to get things tied up, it really does get frustrating how a simple task is not simple but as complicated as trying formulate quadratic equations in your head. Having to shout down the phone to get answers or even a call back isn’t good for the stress levels – without which, nothing will get done.

A Dobuy airhead has accused me of being “bitter and a failure” for leaving. I quite the contrary believe I have opted for my career, sanity and appreciation of the finer things in life over the constant sadistically ostentatious display of nouveau wealth.

I have absolutely no regrets, as it has been a thoroughly mind nourishing experience and I certainly would not put anyone off from living here as it entirely depends on the individual’s outlook on life. If they can turn a blind eye to the slave labour in +50 heat, the unbearable racism, incredible lack of professionalism in the work place and lack of creative or intellectual inspiration, in essence, a city with no soul…then each to their own. You rarely meet people with an edge, where you walk away from an encounter and think…damn! They were really interesting, and i am not referring to a hottie cream your pants type of way.

So I can't say i've OD'd on lemon in the past 3.5 years and neither do i view my journey as a failure. I would like to thank the academy for voting me out and am supremely grateful for my success and that I have managed to escape without excessive lip liner, cosmetic surgery, leathery skin, delusions of grandeur, namedropper disease, I’m-a-celebrityitus disease and head-oop-me-arse disease.

I thank you

3 Comments:

Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Gosh what a fantastic post. You're not a failure at all, you just know what you want. I met up with NK on Friday and he spoke of exactly the same issues. Does this mean you're coming home?

7:11 AM  
Blogger ReginaFilangee said...

i surely am! first thing i will need to do is check into anger management therapy!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubbish Feed your head.
It was me.... and boy did she cream her pants ;)

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home