Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's getting hot in here...

..so peel off all your clothes.

The country braces itself for what is reported to be the hottest day in over 100 years (dun dun daaaAAHHH)! The mercury is set to creep above 38c today (and the crowd goes wild!).

"Come on Regina, you lived in the Middle East for a while, you should be used to this weather!"

"Sweety, we did not have to endure sweating like pigs whilst trying to work. When the air conditioning at work was out of order, we were allowed to go home as it was considered unfair working conditions."

Truth is, when the weather is this hot we are more exposed to it than a sandy day in the cesspit. On an average boiling hell hot summers day in Dobuy, I spent perhaps no more than 10 minutes outdoors; all of which was simply running out of the car and into air conditioning. The only reason this would have been slightly more than 10 minutes was because I was parked slightly further away from my destination.

As a means to help cool down, I avoid sitting or standing next to fat people on public transport. Don't mean to be horrible, but they do actually radiate more heat. When they sit next to you, it feels as though I am sitting next to a radiator!

I can't say I am looking forward to the day ahead. I sit in a little den with 7 people, no air conditioning and on the 4th floor of a very cramped decrepid building. As you ascend each floor, it gets hotter and hotter. In the afternoon the sun shines through my window which is when I disappear from my desk to go for a walk outside as a means of cooling down.

We do have 2 pathetic portable air conditioning units, however both the fat guys who work in this office have kept them next to their desk so it blows into their arsehole...goodness knows they need it more than I do!

I am quite sure I might actually melt today and will just be a pile of remains on my chair by the end of the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Jaysus I choked on some big giggles on this post! You know my thoughts on commuters and they have been exasperated about a million times over over the past few days. Ugh! It is a travesty that I have to be trapped in worse conditions than cattle just so I can go to work and have my head wrecked!

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home