Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ms Bean strikes London

As my tan fades and my body slowly acclimatises to the 20 degree drop in temperature, it really is fascinating catching up on everything.

After living in a less civilised city where manners do not exist and neither does social etiquette, i find myself constantly wondering if I'm doing something wrong, am i doing something subconciously which makes me look like a twat?

Simple things like yesterday i was approaching a ticket machine on the underground. I remember I used to flawlessly reach for my ticket, insert into the machine and then swiftly remove it and slip into my bag; all in one fluid movement. You cannot afford to be scrapping around for your ticket at the barrier whilst hundreds of impatient commuters are waiting behind you.

Well yesterday, i reached for my ticket and as i pulled it out of my bag, it went flying through the air, landing on the floor just in front of the barrier! i was stood there with my leg through the barrier, desperately trying to edge it closer to me, getting no where fast and looking like a complete and utter twat. Real smooth Regina!

The lady behind me kindly came to my rescue suggesting she insert her ticket and we both rush through. Sounds simple, however i had to bend over and pick up my ticket on the way through. I thought it might be quite clever to kick my ticket on the way through, as there was no way i'd be able to pick it up in time. I did kick it and completely bended it like Beckham! The damn ticket made it's way round the corner of the next barrier and again, a complete twat that i was, trying to dodge unforgiving commuters to retrieve my ticket.

Mr Bean comes to mind...

1 Comments:

Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Welcome home! Don't you hate when stuff like that happens? Tube commuters are scary and I've had that happen to me. The golden rule of tickets in the tube is never hesitate!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home